Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween is upon us!

How dare Halloween fall on a Monday. Instead of dressing up as a ghostly bride or fiendish vampire, it's a Monday. There are no parties tonight. Everyone has to beware the upcoming work week. As the year rolls into it's final quarter deadlines are approaching and my fun is being spoiled. All the parties have come early, however a few new children have come into the world early as well leading to some cancellations. So in the spirit of not being a grump, I shall spend the day in class, baking, and working. Unfortunately I will be unable to romp around as a moogle. However if  you see an adult themed red riding hood in a black corset, well then, maybe you found me! Hehe. Though more likely you are harassing an innocent bystander.

Now for a bite of history,

Did you know that Halloween comes from All Hallow's Eve and is followed by All Saints day. Now what this means is that all through the year, the influence of evil rises up in the world and it hits a pentacle on all Hallows eve. The day where devils roam the earth and spirits rise up. Then on all Saints day, the Saints come forth to smite the evil and return the world to the way it should be. Now this is the little bit I was taught as a youngun while I begged my neighborhood for candy.  Being deprived of my favorite holiday activities, I am hoping to hear from you. What were you taught? What's your Halloween like?

Hoping to hear some interesting Halloween bites of knowledge,
Corset signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment