Monday, October 24, 2011

Apple Cider Vinegar.

So tis the season of allergies whether it be the falling leaves or pets or dust mites, for a lot of people, the allergy season never truly ends. It just goes through cycles of not so bad to worse. Well as money is a big ticket on a lot of people's minds, I started looking into options that were not prescription or OTC medicine. With Allegra at over $40 for a 45 day supply and Claritin and Singulair not far behind, I began looking into other approaches. The thing that stood out to me was apple cider vinegar. Or specifically it has to be only raw, organic vinegar. I guess the 'dead' stuff means that all of its positive effects are null and void. Now what really surprised me about the acv is that where a lot of these online stunts of pushing natural remedies is also flooded with comments about how it didn't work. With this, the worst case scenario I have found is well, it didn't cure me but it makes it so when spring rolls around I can breathe instead of suffering until winter. So what do you do with the cider?

I have found two predominating amounts you should consume. 

Either mix two table spoons with equal amounts of water, first thing in the morning before you eat, and up to three times a day. Or you mix a quarter cup with equal amounts water and drink that before you eat up to three times a day. The amounts are very close so I'd probably start with the smaller amount and work my way up if that doesn't work.

Now depending on how out of control your allergies are and how long you have suffered them uncontrolled  this changes how long it takes it to come into effect. If you catch them right off the bat, you can get rid of the symptoms theoretcially in less than three hours. For long term control you are expected to take this every day for about three days before you start seeing drastic improvement. 

Well readers, tomorrow is grocery day so I will be picking up some apple cider vinegar and we shall see if the test holds true. I'm going to give it a go until the bottle runs out then report what I have found for better or for worse.

How about you guys? How do you deal with allergies?
Corset pondering a remedy,
Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment