Friday, October 7, 2011

Corset

So, I'm sure someone at this point has noticed that while being the Girl in a Corset, I have never acutally written about corsets. Why? You ask. Well simple. There are thousands of people that know more about the corsets than I do. However let me give you a little run down of the things I have noticed over the years.

If you are new in the field and looking for a corset, don't measure yourself. Don't buy it cause you think it may be right, find a place where you can try it on and I'll tell you why. There are three big types of corsets floating around the world I have notices.
First are the fakes. You get these at Wal-Mart or Hot Topic, whatever. Good for you these are not real corsets.
The second type are corsets however the ribbing is made out of a flexible steel so that you can maintain full flexibility while wearing it. They do function as corsets however are not my favorite. I find they do not offer the support I need.
The Third type is like my corset, it has inflexible steel ribbing in it. It is the classic corset made to resemble those made years ago out of whale bone.

These last two matter because if your corset does not fit properly or you don't know how to tie it, then several things can occur such as cutting off your circulation increasing the risk of blood clots, stomach and liver deformity, etc. Also bare in mind that a corset is like a new pair of boots, you want to break them in before you go trouncing around in them all day or you will experience some discomfort.

Ideally when buying a corset you can find a reputable vendor that has a place where you can go in and try the thing on. You want to do this because they will measure you, put a few on you and find out what is most comfortable for your particular body build, it's not all in the inches. They can also talk Show you how to tie up your new corset or have someone else tie you up. When meeting someone in person, they will show you how to get the most life out of your corset and since I have some cheap ones, cheap being $100 each, I want them to last as long as humanly possible.

Another advantage is that they can walk you through how to repair the laces when the inevitable happens and they break.  So now that I've been a little dreary about corsets lets give a reminder of why you want to wear one.

The corset is just about an instant hourglass figure. It boosts and supports the breast making them appear fuller while trimming the waist to allow for a full hip figure. It also forces you to have proper posture which is an attractive feature in any man or woman and for me personally, the improved posture doubled to make my back stop aching from slouching all the time. Over time, the corset can act to compress the abdomen and suppress appitite so I would recommend talking to your doctor if you do plan on doing serious corset waist training. Make sure it is a healthy choice for you, know the risks. Know how you plan on getting that thing off if the worst happens.

Having asthma myself and something decreasing my lung capacity, you have to watch out, you may want to opt for a corset that can easily be removed, or perhaps keep a box cutter if legal in your area that your friends know where to get it. Last thing you need is to have an asthma attack triggered and not be able to get the thing off. This isn't meant to scare anyone but keep all your health problems in consideration when buying. While wonderful, they can pose risk to the uniformed.

Hoping to see some more girls and guys being tied up.
Corset signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment