Saturday, October 22, 2011

DIY Moogle Costume

So. Halloween is fast approaching as I'm sure guys have noticed, if for no other reason than I am harping on it. Now either you have to worry about the kids getting all gussied up as vampires and power rangers, or you have a Halloween party coming up and have the conundrum of what to wear. There is also the issue of rising prices of costumes, and just about everything else. This leaves less money to go around. So heres one way to skimp on Halloween. Find a Do It Yourself costume concept. For this demonstration I have made a DIY of a Moogle and hope the Final Fantasy corp won't come barging down my door for doing it.

Now this worked for me but a lot depending it could always use some tweaking. Here's the low down. You attached the extra large pom to your pipe cleaner via sewing or in my case gorilla glue. Then once that is dry or attached, you want to repeat to attach that to the animal ears headband. I found a pair of bear ears at the dollar store and most Halloween shops have them on the cheap. Ta da! A third of the way done. The hard part is actually the arm and leg warmers. You want to do some measuring before you hit the fabric shop. Get enough elastic to go around the legs without cutting off circulation. Ditto with the arms. Then simple sew it in. I'll let the professionals handle how to sew elastic into fabric, I had the girl who cut the fabric do it for me. The length of the arm and leg warmers is really up to you. This concept was designed with a short strapless dress in mind and I know October in my neck of the woods gets chilly so my leg warmers hit my thighs to my shoes. The wings I found were fairly easy to hand sew. I simply bent the wire into the shape wing I wanted then hand sewed a tube in my sheer fabric to slip the wire into. Then to hold them on I just sewed on some twine hoops, much like they do for children s wings.  Now those who know what a moogle is, know it has a red nose. I don't like clown noses. I talk funny with them on so I used some costume make up. Also used a bit of costume make up to whiten my skin a bit and add whiskers. Then TA-DA! Moogle girl, corset was! The great things about moogles is the accessorizing. This is for a plain some what sexy moogle. But you can dress them up or down. Add paw gloves for effect if you want. The way I described, cost me about $10 to build the whole thing. 

snagged the moogle off here http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2006/05/17/moogle/


Corset hoping to see some more moogles on the street,
signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment