Wednesday, October 12, 2011

30 TBG Dare!

I dare you! Ya I said it! Now the question is what am I daring you to do? Make a difference. Not anything radical. I ran across someone today told me that three things should be strived for in the world. Truth, Beauty, and Goodness. Now I don't mean Beauty like you did your make up today. I mean beauty like a mother helping her baby take its first steps or the sun setting behind a foggy ravine. Truth doesn't necessarily mean honesty. It's talking about the greater truth and No god has no business in this challenge unless you want him/her to. I don't think I have to explain goodness, deep down you all should know what it is.

Now here is what I want you to do. Take a journal, or a piece of paper and title it the commitment to change and put todays date on it. Every day I want you to either write what you did to promote these things in the world or write "I did nothing." See how many days you can keep it up. Do you even want to try? A lot of people will stop and say I don't have the kind of time. Then again its odd how people make time to watch the big game or their reality tv show but they can't make time to stop and help a girl whose dropped her books, or an old man trying to open a door and not drop his crutches.

Think of it this way, if you found out that tomorrow or a year from now, you were going to die, I'm willing to bet you'd have a lot less time for TV and rudeness and a lot more time for the things you were putting off. I don't know about you, but this month I am making a commitment to make time. It doesn't have to be any grandiose scheme but hell, drop some change in a donation bucket, tell the cashier today you will pay the extra dollar for a cause. Help someone by holding a door, use your manners, helping a sibling study. Volunteer if you want to be hard core. I am dedicating myself to finding the goodness, truth, and beauty in the world. I hope you will all take the time to find it with me and together we will create some of our own.

Corset donating canned goods to the food drive,
Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment