Friday, March 2, 2012

Heavy Rain: Railroad Edition.

Hey guys. As promised I've been playing Heavy Rain and now I have another short bit to say about it. I feel awfully deceived. I wanted the game because the premise was I would have choices and if I killed a character it would change the plot and choices I made mattered. Well I've been playing the game and have come to the conclusion that it's all a lie. Not in the sense that the cake was a lie, but an actual lie. I was playing and I found if I followed a set of actions Ethan would end up yelling and throwing things at Madison. My response was bad Ethan! It was near a save point so I loaded and then reloaded. I took every possible choice set I was offered and the only thing that changed was how long it took me to get him throwing things. Well Damn says I. So I let the fight happen. Afterwards I am offered the choice to be angry or apologize. First time I chose apologize. Second time I chose be angry which led to an extra speech blurb before being rerouted to apologize. I have to say my primary motivation at this point for continuing to play the game is to see if I can drive my character off the rail road tracks I seem to have found. I don't think I am imagining this but I haven't really heard anyone else complain about it. I have a hard time believing I am the only one who tried to change the outcome of a situation on the spot rather than a do a full blown second play through. I think I am going to start over so I can try and kill/let everyone involved die. Let's see what happens then. And NO I won't just youtube it. Where is the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment