Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Heavy Rain

Ok despite ALL the PS3 remotes going MIA I bought a new one last night. Since that gives me the ability to start working on the three PS3 games I bought in a 3 for 2 deal I thought I'd post an update. Normally the 360 is my bread and butter but given that two of the three I bought were exclusives and they all had to be on the same system I don't think I came away with a bad deal: Heavy Rain, LA Noire, Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Now I've been playing Heavy Rain for about 3 hours now. I've seen beautiful graphics. An intriguing story. About 4 different perspectives and dialogue I wouldn't believe if I saw it. Now don't get me wrong. Switching characters every ten minutes and sometimes just to put them in a car and drive away dramatically can be a bit irritating and pull you away from the story but at this point I'm intrigued enough where I don't mind. What I do mind is the absolutely awful Dialogue. I mean honestly. At one point I find myself giving a presentation and the character I am playing is speaking calmly flipping slides when all of a sudden he breaks out swearing at a member of the audience who swears back and the two would start fighting if man number 3 didn't step in. This isn't the first time something ridiculous has sprung from a seemingly calm situation. I also don't understand why everyone talks like you just threaten to kill their firstborn son. Everyone is so tense even when it doesn't make sense. Asking your eight year old son if he would like dinner should not use a tone you'd expect if you asked them to disarm a bomb.

I also want to tell them that they are not nearly as mysterious as they think they are. AND the FBI guys glasses and glove get up is completely out of place compared to the rest of the resources available. Though I'll admit having your office on Mars or at the bottom of the ocean is pretty cool.

Anywho I'm withholding full judgement until I finish the game however at this point I've accidentally killed someone (not a main character) had several shouting matches and not let my druggie shoot up and made my kid do all their homework. I think the funnest part of this is I have no idea if I have botched the plot completely of if I'm on my way perfectly.

Guess I'll find out in a few more hours. Once I have a bit more to say I'll come back and update.
Looking for the Origami Killer!
Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment