Sunday, March 25, 2012

Game of Thrones

So I just walked the first episode of Game of Thrones and I am seriously considering not continuing. I mean it was honestly a bad idea what they did. SPOILER ALERT

So you know how in the book when Khal Drogo and Dany first shack up she was like no I don't want this because she was afraid. So Khal Drogo was all gentle and persuasive until SHE SAID YES. Well in the TV series all that happened is she started to cry we find out the only word Drogo really knows in her language is no and then he strips her down and bends her over and cut scene. So he raped her? No that is not what happened and to me that is a story breaking thing to have the viewers think. She may have been unhappy at times but she did grow to care for him and love him.

Then there was the casting. Everyone was too pretty. Even the people who were described as being but ugly looked too pretty. Like the Imp. He was supposed to be a bulbous dwarf and ugly as sin but they cast his character like he's just a hobbit or something. Then there was his older brother the Kingslayer. I'm sorry but his character walked on screen. He's also a lot more brunette than blond and the first thing I thought is Look! It's Gaston! Then you can insert some Beauty and the Beast flashbacks.

Anyway time moves on they change some more things I don't really approve of it. Like Bran's age. He morphs from seven in the book to ten in the TV series. So how old is Dany supposed to be? The actress is obviously over eighteen as she has some nudity going on but the character was Sansa's age. Closer to thirteen. A lot of the dialogue rings true from the book but they change the context where it was said or in the methods. Such as when Bran fell. It was more than he caught them going at it like rabbits. He heard them plotting.

So with many a sigh and much woe I  am a little put off from watching episode two. However there is so much praise surrounding it that I might trek onward. I really did enjoy the books but I am reserving judgement for this.

Corset Tsking from a distance,
Signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment