Monday, October 15, 2012

Kitchen Aid+ Cranberry Bread

Hello world. Am I the only one who would squee with joy at the idea of owning a kitchen aid? For the entirety of my childhood one of my favorite things in the house was my moms white kitchen aid classic. I knew that if the kitchen aid was on we were only an hour or so from something delicious coming out of the oven. So when I moved out on my own (and my mom stopped me from sneaking the kitchen aid out) I decided I wanted one of my own. Then reality kicked in and if I wanted a classic white kitchen aid like the one I used as a girl they would cost me about $199. To me this is money well spent. My mothers has had hers for twenty years and counting and the thing still works perfectly. The only thing we had to replace was the whisk attachment after it finally gave way to a bread recipe that I thought made a batter not a dough. 

Well about two weeks ago the best thing happened. I got a Red KitchenAid artisan that was absolutely wonderful. An absolutely amazing gift and I love it. I started it off with a simple cranberry bread recipe that I've always loved. I don't remember who gave me this recipe but it's always been lovely. Just combine and cook at 350 F for 45-55 minutes. Just keep an eye on it. When a toothpick comes out clean it's done.  
(for record the cook time is for 9x5 loaf pans)

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar+ 2tbsp
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
2 tablespoons shortening
1 egg, well beaten
1 1/2 cups Fresh Cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped nuts


I personally do it muffin style so I don't have to wait for it to cool. Straight from the oven for a great snack. When it's in muffin form though it does take a lot less time to cook. Like 25min give or take a bit. I'd bake for 20min then look in on it and do the toothpick test. If I remember to time it next time I'll come back and edit this or if someone else wants to time it for me...   ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment