Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thinking Like A Geek.

Or if you want to get nit picky, I'm thinking of ThinkGeek.com. Now usually I don't want to talk to much about websites and the stuff they sell because in most cases I really don't care. If your like me you don't have a lot of money to throw around on the internet. Think Geek is my exception. It's not that I buy from them really often. Maybe twice a year. The big Christmas splurge and then an untimely end of summer small shop for a birthday present.

 I hope you've already Googled the site to see who I'm talking about. Or are you doing that now?

Well for those who'd rather read about it than look it up, the wonderful thing about think geek is the vast variety. It's the only place I've seen where you can buy a licensed Dr. Who coat or sonic screw driver then turn around and get some t-shirts or even a new bib for the baby all in style. There are USB Doomsday devices and T-shirts and one of the only places I have found that sells all my favorite geeky shirts in baby doll cut instead of the atrocious unisex they try and pawn off on people. I can buy caffeinated lolli pops or candy coated hibiscus flowers. They have night vision goggles and cameras, they have bacon scented car air fresheners and they have my favorite tech humor books.  Whenever someone asks me what I want for a birthday or Christmas I can say just go to think geek. If it's to expensive, that's ok they have a clearance section and they also have a point system. The more you buy the more points you get to get something shiny and fun for free and some of the free items cost upwards of $50 on their own. So getting it for free makes me squee like a preteen at an anime con.

It's more than just that though. I have never had a poor customer service experience with think geek. Once for Christmas I placed a large (it was for me!) order and when it arrived, I had received a duplicate of one thing and was missing another less than two weeks before Christmas. I was in panic mode but I emailed them and less than a day later they had the replacement items on their way out to me in overnight delivery before I ever had a chance to send the duplicate back. There was no harassment. No being told to call a number and waiting on hold for hours on end. There had been a mistake. They apologized and fixed it. If only all companies were this polite and obliging.

Even on their facebook page, if you comment, they will reply to you. They hold contests to win free money and they donate to charities that they let the masses help decide what charity deserves. What's not to like? Well, being who I am they sell games and books and amazing shirts so I wanted to work for them. I'm not sure I can forgive them for only have a branch in Virginia and a bunch of jobs I'm not qualified to do.

I don't know who I am kidding. Think Geek would probably have to triple charge my credit card and refuse me my money back before I actually got miffed at them. It's hard to find problems with a company that treats you right and packs each box with pouches of monkey breath so your things come to you in one piece. I think the only thing that could place thinkgeek.com any higher in my good graces would be a Think Geek credit card. Oh how I don't need it but I want it. I would be perpetually thousands of dollars in debt to them but I don't think they'd mind as long as I paid every month.

So Think Geek I guess what I am saying is my top hat goes off to you!
Corset Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment