Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I see the Moon

I've had this on my mind for the past few days. I've know this since I was a little girl but I don't recall who wrote it originally so I can give proper credit. Since I've been singing it a lot this week, I'd like to be able to tell people when they ask. I am normally a pretty good googler but this one has me stumped. Now I would not recommend listening to it on youtube or anything. I also remember hating whoever was singing it. It's one of those things you want to set to your own tune. I am working on some art associated with this song. Maybe in the future I will finish it and post it up. 


"I See the Moon 

I see the moon 
Over the mountain, over the sea,
Back where my heart is longing to be,
Please let the light that shines on me
Shine on the one I love.

I see the moon; the moon sees me
Down through the leaves of the old oak tree.
Please let the light that shines on me
Shine on the one I love.

I hear the lark; the lark hears me,
Singing a song with a melody.
Please let the lark that sings for me
Sing for the one I love.

I kiss a rose; the rose kisses me,
Fragrant as only a rose can be.
Please let the Rose that comforts me
Comfort the one I love."



 Now if you want a song worth actually listening too, Try Chris Rice I see the the Moon. Or Ayreon. You know. Whatever floats your boat.


Corset missing someone,
Signing off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment