Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pokemon X


I know it's a bit dated as this game came out last October but I just got a 2DS last December so it took me some time to finish. That being said I had a lot more fun with the game than I have had with Pokémon in a long time. It's not my favorite by a long shot but it was wonderful to finally see a graphic update which I've been waiting to see since I was eight. This is going to be a short blog so let me break it down into how I felt.

PROS:

Graphics update- where have you been all these years?

Finally a new plot- you're still trying to become the champ but it feels like more of a side effect, like why not, I'm here anyway.

Mewtwo - always a pro in my book

Getting to change my clothes, contacts, shopping, haircuts. It was a nice change of pace to see that I was forever trapped in clothes that were mediocre.

A new type. Oh hai there fairy. We've been waiting on you.

They changed the way that caves and flash work. <3

You can Ride Pokémon.



CON:
The game was too easy. With getting xp share so early and changing the way it worked I got a team of six that was always 10-15 levels above the enemies. It was a bit of a bummer to never be challenged.

The Pokémon Safari. I was thrilled when I heard it was back. However you need a friend code to ender and each friend code gets you three Pokémon of a type. So example. I added my hubby and got access to wander a small patch of grass that was hiding three fighting Pokémon.

I have always hating Roaming Pokémon. Enough Said.

I count it as a con that I got to the elite four and every Pokémon, except my legendary, was a classic Pokémon. It was part nostalgia. However I also found that out of the Pokémon I caught they were just better. I ended up abandoning my fire starter in favor of a Charizard.

Maybe age is catching up to me but I only clocked 45 hours with this Pokémon game. It took 15 years but I might be outgrowing Pokémon?

No comments:

Post a Comment